Monday, January 11, 2010

Austin Reptile Expo

Saturday my wife and I spent a couple of hours at the Austin Reptile Expo at the Dell Diamond United Heritage Center in Round Rock. If you've never been to a reptile show you should take a trip out and try it. This is where to find top notch breeders who can answer your questions and help you decide which reptile pet is right for you. And if you're not ready to buy, just enjoy the eye candy. I guarantee there will be animals there that will blow your mind; things you will never see in a pet store.
My favorites this weekend were some of the sweet Honduran milks from Don Shores and, of course, the absolutely stunning pythons and boas produced by Bob Clark. These are two great guys to talk to and deal in some of the most spectacular snakes you will ever see. 
Our time was cut short this weekend, as we had to pick up my brother and cousin from the airport, but I'll bring you more pics and news from the next show. If you're in the Austin area, check out this expo some time. If you're somewhere else, click here to find a show near you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Need to contact me directly? Visit mikefoux.com.